Thursday 30 August 2012

Meeting the ICOCA Platypus

The day after Orientation, we headed down to the Miyajima Fireworks. It was definitely another one of those things I really wanted to see this year that I didn't get to last year. I arrived early, in Hiroshima. Since I was headed to Kansai for the week after, I had a massive suitcase. It actually took me 3 hours to find a decent sized locker. It was super heavy, and super hot. It was unbeliable! I finally got one, thankfully, and then I headed over on the train to Miyajima. People were coming onto the island in droves, and they were handing out tickets and fans, and even the ICOCA Platypus was there. I love the ICOCA character the most, of all I have seen in Japan, so I was super excited to get my photo with the cute little guy! I headed to Miyajima, met some people and then went back to collect some of the new ALTs who didn't know where to go. Thankfully the ICOCA Platypus was still there, and I got my picture not only once, but twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment