Friday 31 August 2012

Gifu Castle

Some people really hate going to see Japanese castles, as they are all pretty similar, all built on a mountain with a view, and all rebuilt within the past 50 years. I think only 3 or 4 in Japan are actually old. But I however love them, and this one reminded me a little of Iwakuni castle, being perched up on a hill, and accessible by cable car. Once you get off the cable car, you have to climb a windy, stony path for quite a while. Several groups of older Japanese people had come equiped with hiking gear it seemed, which other women were doing it in heels. It wasn't too hard work, but it was unbearbly hot. I cant begin to describe how hot it was and the sun was shining! I finally made it, and checked out the museum inside the castle, before climbing up the stairs (Japan is not disabled friendly!) to see the pretty view!


No comments:

Post a Comment