Wednesday 16 May 2012

Riding an Elephant

So the entire reason I wanted to go to the elephant park was for riding on the elephants. I have ridden a baby elephant before, but nothing like this. We got there, climbed aboard a elephant and away we went. It was pretty insane. My elephants name was Roxy and she had been rescued from Sumatra and moved here. Her handler and her had moved to Bali together after being in mainland Indonesia. She seemed a lovely elephant, and wasnt too big, and was quite happy to plod along. We went through the park, and my guide pointed out where the elephants slept, and where the infirmary for the elephants were, and then we headed out into the jungle. Roxy was very smart, and can open gates and such. I had such a nice time, and it definitely comes in my top 5 experiences of my life. Riding on an elephant in a tropical rainforest in Bali. Im not sure about you, but I think thats cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment