Thursday 31 May 2012

Getting our kit on!

So we arrived at our meeting point, and the bus was a bit late, so Gavin and I sat in the sun and had some food and ice cream. Eventually the bus arrived, and we all got some food before we got onto the bus and headed for Tokushima. It was a pretty long bus ride, but very fun. There were about 40 of us. Mainly people were from Kobe and Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, and a lot of people had been on these WhyNot?! trips before. So I was very hopeful. We stopped in this beautiful part of the world. I knew Tokushima was rural, but it was unbeievably beautiful. High mountains, a beautiful river valley and green trees. It was so pretty! I fell in love with it at first sight! We had a lovely bento box first. To be honest, it was the best bento I've had in my entire time in Japan. Next, everyone changed into bikinis, and then lined up to get wetsuits. O, boy were the wetsuits tight! But then we suited up with helmets, shoes and lifejackets. The helmets were great, because it had everyones name of them. During the week I had bought a really cool waterproof, shock proof camera, which I clipped to my lifejacket and started taking photos of everyone. It was awesome, getting to act silly in our wetsuits. JoJo, who I think was from Kobe was definitely the ringleader of the group, and had brought along a waterpistol from the Hyaku Yen store. A crazy, but great idea! I love how everyone posed when I took their photos, espeically Josh! Then we seperated ourselves into boats, I joined my lunch group, and then we headed into a bus. Wearing so many clothes was hard, and a bit tight, but ensured we had a lot of laughs! We drove along the mountains untill we came to a rocky beach, unloaded, got some oars, and headed off for a safety talk, about how not to drown....which didn't really make me feel terribly better, but at least I now wouldnt die...

No comments:

Post a Comment