Wednesday 23 May 2012

My lovely Expat life

After shopping in Ginza, we tried to get everything into many many bags (I think I ended up with 6!) and then headed over to Shinagawa to meet the Nobles. Daddy and Jack used to work together years ago, and maybe 4 years ago, Jack and Jeanne took a expat job in Tokyo, and have looked after me since I've been here. They are sadly, so sadly, heading back in June to the UK for good. I haven't seen then so much since I have been here, but it will be quite scary knowing that they aren't there if I need them. Or just want a little. We had a lovely lunch at TY Brewery, overlooking the harbour. It was so nice, especially in the sun. And the place was full of expats, and their families. It reminded me of my life back in the UK, because we have been expats for years. And what my life is like whenever I am in Tokyo. We finished up and walked along the river to the station, where I said goodbye to them. There were lots of tears. And Jeanne is like my Mummy and gave me lots of hugs. I never thought it would be that hard. Or that sad. Because it never is long enough with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment