Wednesday 23 May 2012

Fun in Omijima

After my crazy Golden week and time in Tokyo, I figured I needed a weekend close to home. So on Friday, I headed over to Nagato. I had dinner with Jamie and Tom, who are the nicest, funniest boys on this planet. Then we met up with Amariah and went to the boy's favourite darts bar. Needless to say, I am terrible at darts...and often hit things with them (but thankfully no people!)It was a pretty late night, and when we got home, Jamie and I stayed up for ages chatting. I love that about him, we can chat about anything! The next morning, after a nice lie in, and then breakfast at Joyful with Jamie and Tom, we headed out to Omijima. It's this little island right near Nagato, and while you can walk to it, it is much easier to drive now that Tom has a car! On the island, they used to do the Leaver's party, because there are little tiny cabins for people to stay. We also saw some people learning to scuba dive there. It's something I really want to do, but I dont think I could manage the instructions only in Japanese! Off the coast of these islands are theses beautiful stone pillars and arches. Then we went down to the beach. It was really rocky, and I went into the small caves, and tried to find heart rocks, and just had a good time. Japanese beaches arent terribly clean, but the sea was very clean!
Then, after watching Jamie, who waded out into the water, and then climbed onto the rocks, I decided I needed to as well! Probably not my smartest idea while carrying my big lovely Canon camera! But, we had a nice, relaxing time just looking at the sea, took some photos, and just enjoyed the warm weather. It was very grey, but hot, so I think I will have to come back and see it when the sea and the sky are blue, and maybe even take a boat tour which goes around all the little islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment