Thursday 31 May 2012

A creepy school and a firestarter

After getting back to the rafting place, getting dry, and another supermarket run, we headed to this creepy old school up a mountain. It had been turned into a strange youth hostel, and we were staying in the old music room. To be honest, the rooms were lovely, and we had beds and everything. The creepiest thing was the long school coriddors. With the dark walls, I was pretty scared, and everything creaked and groaned. After taking a shower,and finally getting all the river water off of us, we sat down and started thebarbeques. It took a long time, and someone decided it would be a great idea to give me a flame torch and a fan! Pretty scary if you know me! In the end, I ended up fanning the fire, and then once it got going, we proceeded to nom on several kg of meat and veggies. I had sneakily bought marshmallows, and enjoyed teaching people how to roast them on chopsticks after. We did a lot of fun things after dinner, mingling, Josh taught me how to swing dance, I taught him how to jive, I played Dodgeball and even taught some people some soccer skills...and because it was in the middle of nowhere, the party never had to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment