Wednesday 3 April 2013

A random little shrine

When mum visited, she said she had seen a cute shrine with Sakura trees from the bus. I never was able to find it, but thankfully, Calvin knew the one that she was talking about. It's very close to my use, but not somewhere I would walk past any given day. It has a little pond outside the main entrance, with lots of koi and a nice little bridge over it. I love traditional Japanese bridges, I think that they are both beautiful and useful! Compared to the Bristol suspension bridge, Its such a differing style! The main temple didn't have anything special inside, that we could tell, but there were nice stone lions guarding it. We didn't stay at the shrine long, but it was nice to finally get there, and there were a few Sakura trees over the car park. It really made me want to get out and about, and explore Hagi a bit more! Who knows where we might go n an adventure next week if the weather is good?

No comments:

Post a Comment