Thursday 28 June 2012

JAXA!

Because I was in town for a weekday, I decided to book myself into a tour at the JAXA Space Centre in Tsukuba. In the morning, I headed off on the Tsukuba express...which was nice and convenient from where I was staying. I got the train, the bus, and then got there fine. It was pretty awkward to start, because I was the only English speaker. So I had my own seperate tour, with a nice lady who tried really hard to speak English from the sheet she was given. I had signed up for the Human Space Experience part, but there wasn't really that much in it. Just a bit about bed rest studies, space food and a bit about fish in space. It was a shame really there wasn't much more, although the isolation chamber was really interesting. After that part, we headed to see JAXA's prize NASA space suit....which apparently cost them thousands and thousands of dollars. Theyoooohhhed and ahhhhed about it alot! Then I went into the main visitor centre area, where they have a lot satellities, and quite a cool mock up of their module at the ISS. It was cool to see how big it seemed on the inside! I wandered around taking pictures for a while, and then headed back into town to do a little shopping (sadly, I bought nothing though!) before heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment