Sunday 17 June 2012

Hydrangeas in Hagi

On Sunday, I had to work at the school festival. It was a strange mix of awkwardness, singing and the band playing, but thankfully Cynthia (the new private ALT) came to hang out with me. We hung out for a bit and watched some of my kids dance, and then looked at their art work. Then we headed into Hagi for some Udon. On the way to school, I had noticed these pretty hydrangeas. They grow in all sorts of different colours around this area which kinda of protects the trash pickup collection area and the electricity pylons. A pretty strange place for them to grow. But apparently they are the "symbol of rainy season", because they need so much rain. Because it was a sunny day, Cynthia and I stopped, and wandered around all the beautiful flowers. I think I liked the mix of colours the best. I often only see blue or purple ones in England, but I'd never seen the pink ones before. They were so pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment