Saturday 5 September 2015

Sunny Strasbourg

On Saturday, Daddy arrived in the afternoon, and then in the evening, we headed out to have Thai food for Josh's birthday. It was a really fancy place and it was pretty lucky that we managed to get a spot there for dinner! I had spent the morning
making a pineapple upside down cake for Josh's birthday and it turned out great! ( Maybe I haven't lost my baking skills after all!) Daddy and I went to pick up the car he rented at the airport, and then we headed to Strasbourg, which is just on the border with France. It isn't even two hours away! So once we got there, we ate at this adorable cafe, which served up brunch with sweets, all on this lovely platter,
with a whole bunch of cute little foods to try. It was wonderful, and a good choice by Mummy! After we had lunch, we walked along the river, to the cathedral, and all over town. It really was such a cute little city. I loved it, and it felt so different than Germany! We got some gelato at Amorino - which was super exciting to see it again after Innsbruck, and it was just such a nice end to the day. We had such a great day out - walking all around in the beautiful sunny weather! I so loved my family visiting - they are literally the best visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment