Thursday 28 March 2013

Finally made it to Gotokuji

I finally made it out to Gotokuji. The cat shrine. The lucky cat shrine to be exact. I had found someone's blog post long ago about it, and I knew I had to go, I just had never had the opportunity to get there. Gotokuji is a great place in Tokyo. Cute little streets, and shops and it's a really easy walk to the shrine. People were really helpful too, when we got lost. the shrine itself is large, but the section dedicated to cats is quite small. However, it is filled with lots of cat statues. You can buy one and pray for your cats health and prosperity. And the Japanese love cats. The statues were super cute, all lined up on shelves. A lot of things were cat themed too, to the bell you could ring, to the little wooden plaques where people wrote wishes for the health of their cat. I have been to lots of shrines and temples in Japan, and while it wasn't breathtaking in its size, it was certainly the cutest shrine I'd ever been too! They were just so so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment