Tuesday 11 December 2012

Dalongdong Baoan Temple

We had lunch in a weird basement of a restaurant which seemed to sell bentos during the day. It was packed upstairs, but strangely empty downstairs. I was prepared to have no clue about the food, and we definitely did, but it was very yummy! I ended up really enjoying the sweet and sour fish, which I ate n accident, since I usually don't eat fish. After we finished our yummy lunch with a game of guess-the-food, we climbed back onto the bus and drove around until we came to another temple. This was one of the places that was a bit out of the way, but a place I would really reccomend people go. It seemed much more n a style that you would find somewhere like Indonesia or Thailand. It was a much smaller temple, but very orate, and after several award conversations in Japanese, we realised it had recently been designated a Unesco World Heritage site recently. Or at least a special site of interest. It had a main courtyard, and then several smaller rooms each with a different deity or something that you could pray to. I think I understood that you pray to different ones for different issues. It was very interesting, and apart from the rain, really very beautiful! enjoy visiting temples which are in use, but this one was sufficiently busy without being too busy. Of all the things in Taipei that we visited, this was the coolest! I love all the red colours, especially the sticks of incense which you could get to burn as an offering to the gods. It's one of my favourite photos! We were lucky to get quite a bit of time at this temple, before we went out to take a photo of the outside and discovered another cool place, right across the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment