Wednesday 16 January 2013

Christmas Day

Christmas Day came around really, really quickly. The problem with living in a foreign country with a non Christian population is that sometimes it doesn't feel really Christmassy. But I love coming back to America because it is instantly Christmassy - to the lights and the malls and all sorts of stuff! So after we went to the Christmas party on Christmas Eve, we got home super super late. It must have been about midnight before we even got home - and then we had to wrap all the presents for our family members!I always get up super early on Christmas. The excitement is so great! This year, Daddy and I went to his mom's grave to take a grave blanket, and then I came home and had a shower, even before we opened presents! Instead of stockings, we got cute British themed Cath Kidston washbags filled with cute little things. One of my favourite presents was a pink champagne flavoured lip gloss! Christmas is so exciting, especially the first time I get into the big white living room. The Christmas tree that grandma puts together is amazing every year! The wrapping paper which Mummy picked out this year was really pretty, and extra sparkly, so it got us covered in glitter! My favourite gift that I gave this year was an instant camera which Shelby wanted. Not just any instant Fujifilm, but the Hello Kitty special edition. I was so lucky to find it on Japanese Amazon right before heading home. They got it to my house in record time - less than 10 hours - which never would have happened in America. Needless to say, she was super excited that I had managed to find it - and I was so happy to see her open it! Another present which I found in Japan was a Sanrio Yusahana doll - Shelby had one as a kid and lost it, and was heartbroken. It wasn't expensive, and sometimes those gifts have the best meaning!



No comments:

Post a Comment