Wednesday 16 January 2013

ENGAGED!

I flew down to Florida right after Christmas, to go visit Josh and his family.He picked me up at the airport, with my grandma's sister Judy. We had a lovely lunch - during which I completely forgot I had to collect my suitcase! So after that, we got into Josh's car. To be honest, I had never been in the car with Josh and was a little nervous! I kept hanging my head out the window, looking at stuff. It was so amazing!We played the music nice and loud - for the rest of my life I will associate Some Nights, by Fun with riding over the giant Sky Bridge there. It was simply beautiful! I got to meet his family, who were all so lovely, and there was a bit scheme in place which I was completely unaware of! His Mom and sister tricked me into thinking that his Dad had won tickets to a light show in Sarasota. They were chopping up vegetables in the kitchen, and said we could go to the illuminations and then come home to dinner. So off we went (I should have known something was up, as Josh was dressed up!) And off we went, to the beautifully illuminated gardens. I wasn't very good at taking photos, and then suddenly, Josh whirls me away under this veranda, and gives me my Christmas present, a pretty Pandora bracelet. It was beautiful and has charms which have special meanings to the two of us. I loved how he gave it to me, and I was so surprised with me. He says that he forgot another charm, and fished it out of his pockets, and gave it to me. On it was written "Marry Me?" I looked down, and there he was, down on bended knee, with an amazing ring in an amazing box which lit up as it opened. I said yes before he even asked! He even used my full name! To be honest, it was all a big blur, I was so happy! I started crying and I have never been so overwhelmed in my life! This tourist came over, who had overheard us and wanted to take our picture to commemorate the event...turns out it was Josh's friend, who he had asked to come and take photos of it. He even took a beautiful video of Josh proposing. It is like something out of a movie. It is simply magical, and shows my awe and shock and then me crying! His friend Ben took some photos of us, and then we went to a dinner, and surprise surprise, his whole family was there! It was amazing, and David had even sent us champagne from Japan! It was an amazing night and utterly magical, and everything I dreamed of!

No comments:

Post a Comment