Wednesday 6 February 2013

We went to Shirakawa....kind of!

Ever since I came to Japan, I've been wanting to go to these pretty triangular shaped old farm houses in a place called Shirakawa. It's a little tiny village in the Gifu countryside. I never had any time to go, nor anyone to go with. Plus, I wanted to see them all covered in snow. I know that it is quite remote and difficult to get to. What's worse, is these places aren't very easy to find information on how to get there. So, I resigned myself to the fact that I probably couldnt go. But Josh mentioned seeing one in Osaka, and upon further Searching n the Internet, there was a whole museum dedicated to these old fashioned Japanese farm houses. Off we went, dragging my heavy suitcase, to this open air museum in a huge, random park. There were traditional houses from all over Japan, it was great. And best of all was the one reassembled after it was moved down from Shirakawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment