Monday 9 January 2012

Downtown Bay City

Shelby and I got our photos taken for Christmas, and Shelby for our birthday. Our photographer has her studio in Downtown Bay City. I've been saying for years how I want to get my camera out and take some photos but I never do!So finally, I took it out, and went for a wander. I went all over, down to where the boats are moored along the river. Apparently, you can go and take a tour in the summer on one! The new housing complex has really pretty gates, but some of the best bits are the alleys behind the stores.They are full of graffiti and cool old signs, like the Antiques one. The store isn't an antiques store anymore, but still keeps the sign. All the buildings are lovely and old, it feels like a proper town, even though a lot of the shops are now empty. I think I would spend a lot of time here if I lived there, they have some cool coffee shops. I liked the post office the best, because it was really out of place for some reason.But I thought the sandstone was really pretty and it made a good shot! It was so cold when I was wandering around, but I was really happy to get out with the camera, after 2 weeks away, and very few photos, it felt like something I really needed to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment