Tuesday 31 January 2012

At the Spectacles Bridge

For the weekends trip, we had planned to go to Nagasaki for Chinese New Year. It started on the...Tuesday I think, but Chinese New Year lasts a long time, so we went down for the Lantern Festival, which was being held on the Saturday. I met Joel, Larrissa and Keri there, and after checking into the hostel, we explored the city some. It was pretty cold, so Joel gave us all some whiskey to warm our tummies before we set off! The Spectacles bridge is a really famous place in the city, on a calm day, the reflection in the water looks like glasses. But with all the lanterns put up, it was exceptionally pretty!Joel wandered into the middle, where there are these cool stepping stones, and I did too, eventually...it was a little daunting carrying my camera over a river, but I made it! The other side was really good too, they even had beautiful lanterns lit up in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment