Thursday 16 September 2010

One morning, Two rallies

Being the centre of government and all, DC is bound to have some political events happening somewhere at every moment. Luckily for me, while I was wandering around the Capitol building, a very noisy crowd alerted me to a rally which was going on just on the west lawn. There were tons of people, all there from Kentucky, Virginia, and Maryland, who want to keep jobs in the Coal Industry. Being American, they were all so happy to see me and tell me their stories. Turns out Obama isn't so keen on coal and they really want to keep their jobs, especially considering the current economy.After, there was another rally on a 9/11 medical bill, where they wanted NYFD and emergency personell who were sick as a result of 9/11 deserve to have their health care plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment