Sunday 19 September 2010

Gallaudet University

Because I love sign language so much, I thought it would be cool to visit the University for the Deaf in DC. It's the only University which has all their classes taught in sign language. It's pretty awesome. I went out on the Metro to the North of the district, a completely different area compared to the main city centre and it was really nice to see something different. The University is lovely and based on a massive campus. The school was quite quiet when I arrived, and so I took a walking tour around some of the main buildings, which are really pretty. They even have a hotel and conference centre! I wish I just knew more ASL! All my BSL exams have held me in good stead for signing in England, I was a bit hopeless here!

No comments:

Post a Comment