Wednesday 4 August 2010

Whatchit, and a trip to the Beach

Mike and I have been to the Quantocks before, when I first visited Taunton, but seeing as his last weekend there was coming up, we decided another trip was in order. About 5 minutes before leaving, we decided to go to the beach instead, which is a bit farther away, but, we had never been, so hey, let's go! Off we drove to a little place called Whatchit.
Really, it's called that. And it's a tiny little seaside place with it's own steam train! We explored the town a bit and then went to play on the beach! And it was fabulous. I'm not a beach person and we had a great time rerouting all the water pooled up on the beach and searching for heart shaped rocks and climbing on things. Plus, as always taking lots of photos. I didn't find a heart shaped rock, but I did get some nice rock off the cliffs there which was white and shiny. I don't think I've ever had a nicer day. We just got mucky in the sand and had a lovely time and it didn't cost a penny (apart from petrol). And it was good weather! In England, that's a bit of a special thing in itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment