Wednesday 4 August 2010

Kiruna, Middle of nowhere Sweden

On the last day in July I boarded a plane to Stockholm, Sweden. It was a very early morning trip to get me down to Heathrow, and to say I was nervous was a complete understatement. I worried and worried the entire time waiting for my flight, but did relax a little once I was on the plane, and then through to my connection, before I arrived in Kiruna, located 145km above the Arctic Circle. It's a minute little airport about the size of a barn. I can't really begin to describe how empty the place is! It is a beautiful place surrounded by lovely dense forests, but we spent several days before we even saw a person! The reason for coming here? I went on a University course in Human Space Travel and exploration. It's an amazing oppourtunity, and so when I got the chance, I went out to the town to take some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment