Sunday 18 December 2011

Independence in Ueno

My last weekend in Japan was probably my biggest adventure yet. I rushed up to Tokyo and got myself to Ueno. Well, near there. It was the firs time I've gone somewhere and not had anyone to meet me. I found my hotel, but usually I would have just stayed and gone to bed, but it was too exciting to stay in. I wandered just a few blocks, but it was full of people going t izakaiwas, and little restaurants and people out with their colleagues.It was really fun, and something I should do more often. I just wish I got more time in Tokyo. I loved the little panda flags which were everywhere, Ueno Zoo has some of the most famous pandas in the world. It was just full of people everywhere, and I liked that the trains were so busy and everyone was about because it just felt so busy and cosmopolitan, but most of all, safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment